By Mathew Zuniga
Local Music Reviewer
This year has been good to me, music wise. I attended about 15 shows this year, but these are my personal favorites.
1. mewithoutYou’s “Catch For Us The Foxes,” 10-Year Anniversary Tour
Low on the list because the vocals could not be heard in the front.
2. Relient K’s “MMHMM,” 10-Year Anniversary Tour
One of my favorite albums of all time, but I wish the crowd would have been more into it.
3. New Politics’ Everywhere I Go Tour
Didn’t know what to expect, but New Politics put on an amazing show.
5. New Found Glory Glamour Kills Tour
NFG always has great energy and it was just a fun show.
6. Say Anything’s “Is a Real Boy…” 10-Year Anniversary Tour
First time seeing SA. I was just emotional and Max was awesome.
7. Anberlin Farewell Tour
Seeing the first band I ever saw live on a farewell tour was sad and made for a great night.
8. mewithoutYou and Touche Amore Tour
My first time seeing mwY (which is one of my favorite bands) and it was so awesome. And my ex got kicked in the face.
9. The Aquabats! 20-Year Anniversary Tour
The most fun I haver ever had at a show. I recommend seeing The Aquabats! live.
10. MxPx Tour
MxPx is the band that got me into punk. I had such high hopes and they surpassed them. In a tiny, hot, sweaty venue I learned the true meaning of punk.