By Taryn Peters
Rap Music Director
If you’re looking to end your spring break or SXSW on a high note, attending the Young Thug and Travis Scott show may be a good option for you. On March 22, the buzzing rappers will be at The Marc in San Marcos, along with DJ and producer Metro Boomin. Here are five things you should know before checking out what is sure to be a crazy and energetic performance from two of music’s hottest up-and-comers right now.
5) The Rodeo Tour is based off of Travis Scott’s upcoming album, Rodeo, and his mixtape Days Before Rodeo, which made big waves after dropping toward the end of summer last year.
4) Atlanta-raised rapper Young Thug seems to be everywhere right now. If you don’t know Young Thug, you’ve more than likely heard/danced/tapped your foot to one of his songs without knowing it (like this song with Rich Gang or this one with T.I. which both took over radio waves in 2014).
Thug’s unusual style and his often indiscernible-yet-catchy raps are a part of his allure. He’s currently a hot commodity in the rap game. Along with his own solo music, Thug’s doing features on songs with artists like Kanye West, Lil Wayne, and fellow up-and-comers Rae Sremmurd. Now, he’s co-headlining a tour!
3) Crazy Collaborations! Young Thug and touring DJ/producer, Metro Boomin, are planning to release a collaborative project titled Metro Thuggin. The two have released a song or two together from the album, which is expected to be released later this year.
Young Thug and Travis Scott have also collaborated multiple times, which will take the show to another level as the two high-energy rappers could likely perform songs such as “Nothing But Net”, one of their latest joint releases. Young Thug also appeared on a couple of songs from Scott’s Days Before Rodeo mixtape, which includes some Metro Boomin-produced tracks too!
2) Travis Scott is no stranger to the Lone Star State. The Houston, Texas native caught a big break when he signed to Kanye West’s music production label in 2012. While he started out mainly making beats, Travis Scott’s debut project back in 2013, Owl Pharoah, helped establish him as a rapper as well.
The dark and ambitious young producer-slash-rapper has made a name for himself and generated a lot of buzz collaborating with the likes of Jay Z, Drake, and Hudson Mohawke. It’s no surprise that he and Young Thug are as hot as they are right now. The guy makes some crazy music videos, too!
1) Wear comfortable shoes! It will be a party. ScoreMore Shows and AfterDark Entertainment are known for bringing great shows to Texas, and this one will be NO exception. With these guys presenting The Rodeo Tour to a lively San Marcos crowd, it is guaranteed to be insane in the best way.