by Jimmy Preston
Blog Content Contributor
If you have been looking for an event, where you could have fun with your dog and support a good cause, The Austin Facial Hair Club has just the event for you. On September 26th from noon-4PM, the Second Annual: Dog Beard and Mustache Competition comes to the Mohawk in Austin, Texas. Dogs from all over will compete in various categories by donning their dog-park best.
The event will benefit the Austin Animal Center, which is the nation’s largest no kill animal shelter. The merits of this organization were highlighted recently in an Instagram picture that was reposted by the Austin Facial Hair Club.
All dogs are encouraged to compete, and there are categories for every canine. Dogs must be present to compete, video conferencing is not available this year. Cats are not encouraged to attend, however goats are, OK.
- Dog & Owner Look-A-Like: Pet and owner must be similar in appearance, style, and attitude
- Freestyle: Styled beard and moustache. Styling products permitted, any shape or color! Emphasis on creativity and complexity of design. No artificial hair, but costumes are welcome.
- Best Groomed: Neatest-looking, well-kept dog beard. Emphasis on symmetry, clean lines, and a neatness of the canine beard.
- Gnarliest Beard: Wild-looking, gnarly dog beard! The wilder the better!
- Sweetest Stache: The title says it all!
- Old Timer: Has your dog become a curmudgeon, full of grey hair and living on a prayer? Give them one last hurrah by entering them here!
And then… The Finale!
- Best in Show: Winners of each category will go head-to-head to see who is the overall Best in Show! Audience participation will be a big factor in this decision.
To join in the fun you and for more information visit the Austin Facial Hair Club, or get more information from the Facebook event. Do be sure that you give Fido a good once-over before the event, because the competition should be ruff!