By Austin Cowan
Blog Content Contributor
Gil’s Broiler is definitely a go to stop in achieving the maximum San Marcos experience. It was the first restaurant to appear in San Marcos, and has faithfully served its satisfied guests for decades. I have gone to Gil’s Broiler many times, and never once was the quality of the food/service less than fantastic. Gil’s Broiler is fantastic place to bring family or friends; It’s a restaurant which is loved by the people of San Marcos, and so will anybody inspired by this blog to go to this restaurant.
Where is it located
- Gil’s Broiler is located in San Marcos on North LBJ Drive. If you are driving up North LBJ it will be on your right after passing the square.
What does Gil’s Broiler serve?
- They serve a variety of delicious burgers and sandwiches. Customers can order anywhere from a quarter-pound to one-pound burger patties, and each burger is a delicious way to improve one’s day.
- The Original is a classic a burger that is often picked. It comes with any size patty, a slice of American cheese, fresh tomato slices and lettuce all within a nice sweet bun.
- The Gil-a-Monster burger is my personal favorite. It’s as tasty as its name is creative. The Gil-a-Monster includes a patty, a slice of American cheese, onion slices and a little bit of Gil’s secret sauce. With ingredients like these it’s no wonder why the Gil-a-Monster is so attractive.
The Original Manske Roll
- The Manske roll is by far the largest attraction for the restaurant. It’s a warm cinnamon like desert which can be served with chocolate, caramel or ice cream. While in office, President Lyndon B. Johnson ordered Manske rolls from Gil’s Broiler to be brought to him in the White House. If Manske rolls are a treat desired by a President of the United States of America, than it must be good.
What is the Gil’s Broiler experience like
- My Gil’s experience has always been casual and welcoming. Once I walk through the front door I am hit with two of my favorite smells: cinnamon and burger patties. The burgers are cooked quickly once they are ordered, so the service at this restaurant is good. I have brought family members, friends and a couple girls here on dates before. Each occasion has been enjoyable with great memories. The food, service and atmosphere of the restaurant is great. What else could you want from a restaurant?
Gil’s Broiler is a fantastic place to get a bite to eat. It was the first restaurant to come to San Marcos. If you want to have the maximum San Marcos experience, you have to stop by Gil’s Broiler.